Friday, March 30, 2012

Nights Out!

Had a bass lesson with Yuhan today. Hope he improves quickly and really puts in the effort! I wouldn't put him and Wensiang up in HopeKids in May given the choice, but since it's necessary I need to get them up to speed fast! =/ On another note, Jon Lwee texted me about learning bass today. If all goes well, I might have another student! ^^

Anyway, had a meetup to celebrate Shaun's birthday at Holland V. Kat, Shaun and I (and later, Guofeng) had dinner at NYDC, then moseyed over to Wala Wala, where we had beer and cider. I was debating with myself over a sangria but decided not to in the end. A glass of beer's enough for me - I'd rather not have one at all, but it's nice to share. =) Alvin appeared midway! I enjoyed the company very much, especially after we'd loosened up a little from the alcohol and really started laughing. I love them, they're such an easygoing, friendly bunch of people that I can easily mix with! ^^

The band was rockin', and I really enjoyed some of the music they played. It was good enough to get me groovin'! They had a bald-headed bassist who was also their soundman (he played well enough, but a little too much here and there I think), an acoustic guitarist-cum-lead singer (with a heavily roughed up voice like Israel Houghton), a pretty awesome drummer (though he sped up a teeny bit in the midst of certain fills) and a really good electric guitarist (though he flubbed a couple times) who was a dead ringer for Manny Pacquiao, though not half as buff. =P 

Oh well, going to Lawry's tomorrow evening to have the traditional celebratory prime rib pigout with Shaun in honour of our birthdays. Hole in the pocket, but I don't mind. =D

No comments: